Welcome new parents! Here are some quick points to introduce you to the Manotick Army Cadets.
Commanding Officer Parades
Typically on the last Thursday of other second month (September, November, January, March, May), the cadets will participate in a Commanding Officer’s Parade (or CO’s Parade, for short). The purpose of these parades are to showcase the hard work that cadets have put into learning and practice of drill. Special presentations, award, and promotions will take place on CO’s Parades. We encourage parents to attend to support the cadets and celebrate their accomplishments. CO’s Parades begin at 2030 hours and we ask that parents arrive at the cadet corps prior to that time.
The Support Committee fulfills a critical role in fundraising to support corps activities as well as supporting us in numerous other aspects of program delivery. The Support Committee meets monthly, with dates and timings announced on our unit calendar. Meetings are held when we parade at 30th Field Regiment, RCA.
Without a vibrant and dynamic committee, this corps could not offer the incredible training program that we do. You are highly encouraged to get involved with the Support Committee.
How to Contact Us
Thursday 1815-2100 hours
What We Ask of Parents
Any assistance parents can provide to the Support Committee, in support of your cadet is greatly appreciated. The following are a few expectations of parents or guardians:
- Attend Commanding Officer’s Parades to support your cadet on parade;
- Help with fundraising activities and volunteer for activities, when needed;
- Help your child learn how to wash, iron, and take care of their cadet uniforms. Please do not do your child’s uniform for them, we want them to learn.
- Encourage your cadet to follow their “chain-of-command”. If they’re not sure where a badge should be sewn on their uniform or what time they need to be at the Corps for a field training exercise (FTX), after checking the website, have them call their Troop Commander; and
- Keep an open communication with the corps. If your cadet is having a hard time, or you have a concern, please send us an email, give us a call or visit the Admin Office in person. All of our staff are here and committed to offering a fun program to the youth in our community.
We are proud to be one of the few you organizations that does not charge a membership or registration fee.
The Department of National Defence (DND) covers most of our training requirements and uniforms. Use of the corps facilities is provided through the generous support of our Sponsor - Branch #314 of the Manotick Legion. The Support Committee (in association with the Army Cadet League of Canada) helps with the rest of the costs needed to provide an exceptional training program.
The limited expenses that a cadet will incur is his/her personal kit to maintain their dress standard (haircuts, shoe polish, hair gel, shoe polish, lint brush, etc).
In order to help keep our expenses to the individual cadet as low as possible, parent and cadet participation in fundraising activities is essential and expected to allow the unit to continue to offer our exception training program.